You can downgrade or delete your account at any time, no questions asked.
First, you need to determine which account you want to cancel. If you have an account for work, you probably want to cancel the organization account, not your personal user account.
Tip:If you have an organization account, you must log in to the account which is an owner of the organization. You can’t log in to the organization account directly.
To determine what accounts you have access to:
- Log in to your personal account.
- Account Settings buttonGo to your Account Settings
- Account Settings tabClick on the organization you want to downgrade or delete in the bottom left sidebar
- Billing tabClick Billing to view which plan it is on
Downgrade to free or delete?
To cancel your account you have two options:
- Downgrade to the free plan and retain your repositories and their contents
- Delete your account and all its contents
To downgrade an organization to the free plan see this guide
If you would rather delete the organization account, including all its repos, issues, wikis, pages and private forks, visit this guide
To downgrade your user to the free plan see this guide
If you would rather delete your user account, including all its repos, issues, wikis, pages and private forks, visit this guide